Field Trip: Hei Shui and the Tibetan Culture

This week grade 9 and 10 went on a field trip to Hei Shui. We stayed there from Sunday to Wednesday afternoon. We were able to learn a lot of things about their culture, costumes, and typical food of the Tibetan people. One of the main topics was their religion, buddhism, which “means the liberation from the sufferings of cyclic existence as originated from ancient India by Shakyamuni Buddha or Gautama Buddha.” http://www.exploretibet.com/tibetan-cluture-arts/

Now, I feel so much better about what I believe culture is and how it influences us in our daily life. In Tibet they speak. Sino- Tibetan languages. I’ve learned that the people there can be happy no matter what, most of the population is really poor, but that is not a bad thing for them. They work hard, try to do their best to be able to have a better education and have good food. Even though they don’t have many material things they are still happy. In my opinion they were actually much better than many people that have material things. For me this means that we should appreciate culture and beliefs and not valuable things. We should look towards their culture, what happened to their lives and not just what they have and/or own.

The Tibetan population do a lot of prayers, messages that are made to encourage other people and give them peace. Also, in most places they have colorful flags hanging on doors and roofs. The colors means five different elements in the same order, blue is the wind, white is the air, red is the fire, green is the water and yellow is the earth. Tibet is a place where you go to see how beautiful can nature be and how kind can people be even after everything they have been through.

Tibet has many landforms like high and steep mountains, deep valleys, glaciers. The region has an average altitude of more than 4,000 meters, earning it the nickname “the roof of the world.” We went to the glacier and stayed there for 1 hour. Tibet’s capital is Lhasa, it’s population is 3,002,166 but it’s all the time getting bigger. The economy there consists in Subsistence agriculture, tourism, infrastructure-related construction, mining, hydro-electric power, etc.